Larry和他妹妹吵架,来找李华诉苦。他们会提到两个常用语:talk to a brick wall和get the picture. Larry: (Sounding frustrated) Hey, Lihua. LH: Larry, 你怎么不高兴啊? Larry: I just got off the phone with my sister. She i

发表于:2018-11-30 / 阅读(83) / 评论(0) 分类 美国之音《流行美语》

Later that afternoon Grandma: Johnny, are you just sitting around again? Johnny:I'm just taking a break between washing the windows and cleaning the toilet. Grandma: I'd say all you've done is moved the dirt from the windows on to your face and hands

发表于:2018-11-30 / 阅读(110) / 评论(0) 分类 Eztalk美语会话

A man rushes in, and people turn to look at him Taylor: [Whispers] Sorry! Excuse me! [sees Holly and Yi-jun] I got your message. Holly: [Surprised] Taylor? Taylor! Is this a joke? Is it really you? But...but... everyone said you were dead! [starts cr

发表于:2018-11-30 / 阅读(82) / 评论(0) 分类 Eztalk美语会话

Salesman:I found it at a garage sale once. Paul:What a find! So, how much does it cost? Salesman:Well, because I like you... ninety bucks. Paul:Ninety dollars is pretty steep. I'll take it for sixty bucks. Salesman:Sixty bucks? No-can-do, son. You'll

发表于:2018-11-30 / 阅读(82) / 评论(0) 分类 Eztalk美语会话

Mom: Well, you know how important a clean house is to your grandma. Johnny:Yes, I hear about it every time she comes here. Mom: She was the head janitor at St. Mary's Hospital for thirty years, after all. Johnny:I think she misses that job and wants

发表于:2018-11-30 / 阅读(96) / 评论(0) 分类 Eztalk美语会话

Holly: Taylor, I don't know if I'll speak tomorrow, and I had to let you know how I feel. You are my best friend. My life will never be the same without your smile to light my day. [starts crying] Yi-jun: Don't hang up, Holly. Keep talking. Holly: Yo

发表于:2018-11-30 / 阅读(91) / 评论(0) 分类 Eztalk美语会话

FD: It may comfort you to know that many people attended his viewing. Holly:How did they hear? No one called. FD: In times of loss, it is often hard to pick up the phone. But his whole family was here. Holly:His mom and dad must be destroyed. He was

发表于:2018-11-30 / 阅读(97) / 评论(0) 分类 Eztalk美语会话

礼貌兔小妹的答案 Tom, I want to say something about your e-mails. 汤姆,我想跟你谈谈电子邮件的事。 I get a lot of mail from you; you must really like to keep in touch with people. 我收到很多你的信;你一定很喜欢跟

发表于:2018-11-30 / 阅读(70) / 评论(0) 分类 Eztalk美语会话

Ali sees Mr. Shy again. She calls her co-worker Sandy: Hello, jewelry department. How may I help you? Ali: It's me, Ali. There's this strange guy who keeps coming around. He's been here three times this week. Sandy: He's probably a pervert. Just igno

发表于:2018-12-02 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 Eztalk美语会话

Ali: I'm sorry to make you wait. What did you decide? Shan: Well, I wasn't planning on spending that much money today, so... Ali: Trust me, it's worth it. With the Love, Amy Card, you'll get a 20 percent discount on everything in the store, every tim

发表于:2018-12-02 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 Eztalk美语会话

Shan: I just meant that she's got different taste. Ali: What kind of girl is she? Shan: She's pretty conservative. Ali: Is her fiance Taiwanese? Shan: Yes. Ali: How old is he? Shan: About 30. He's really outgoing. But why do you ask? conservative (a.

发表于:2018-12-02 / 阅读(61) / 评论(0) 分类 Eztalk美语会话

服装专柜美语 At Takashimaya, in the lingerie department Ali: Hello, sir. Is there anything I can help you find? Mr. Shy: Um...Uh...I'm just looking, thanks. Ali: Need a gift for your girlfriend or wife... Mr. Shy: No, no, no. I'm just browsing.

发表于:2018-12-02 / 阅读(57) / 评论(0) 分类 Eztalk美语会话

Ali: I don't know, but he gives me the creeps. Sandy: Just take it easy. If he starts to bother you, let me know and I'll call security. Ali: But what if he knows my name, where I live... Sandy: Don't get all worked up over him. He's probably harmles

发表于:2018-12-02 / 阅读(55) / 评论(0) 分类 Eztalk美语会话

Mr. Shy is in the lingerie department Ali: Um, hello again. Are you sure you don't want to make a purchase, sir? Mr. Shy: I have a question. Ali: Uhhh...OK. What is it? Mr. Shy: Why do people like all this fancy, expensive underwear? Ali: What kind o

发表于:2018-12-02 / 阅读(53) / 评论(0) 分类 Eztalk美语会话

Though it is generally accepted that junk food is not healthful, American fast-food restaurants are popping up all over the world. These restaurants are for people who are always in a rush. If they do

发表于:2018-12-08 / 阅读(148) / 评论(0) 分类 赖世雄中级美国英语

给老客户的e-mail....... Dear Ms. Reynolds: Thank you for your remittance of October 28 for your order XX-1234. We are currently processing this order, which we expect to have ready for shipment by J-Quick Shipping Company within two weeks. Our s

发表于:2019-01-21 / 阅读(125) / 评论(0) 分类 Eztalk美语会话

Song: Let's Talk About Love Artist: Celine Dion Everywhere I go, all the places that I've been Every smile's a new horizon on a land I've never seen There are people around the world Different faces different names But there's one true emotion that r

发表于:2019-01-23 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 英语PK台

AA: I'm Avi Arditti with Rosanne Skirble, and this week on Wordmaster: a conversation about small talk. RS: Our guest is Debra Fine, author of a new book called The Fine Art of Small Talk. DEBRA FINE: It is not the business conversation, not the busi

发表于:2019-01-25 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 词汇大师(Wordmaster)

We talk about the weather if it's good, if it's bad, if its average, if it's anything! 天气好的时候,不好的时候,一般的时候,或者任何时候,我们都爱谈论天气。 So when bringing up this topic you can say something like

发表于:2019-02-21 / 阅读(124) / 评论(0) 分类 早安英文

Small talk在西方社交中很重要。不论生人、熟人,聊天寒暄都不能少。可是用英语闲聊真地很词穷!今天Jenny和Tara就要教你最实用的英语small talk话题! 生人、熟人都要small talk Small talk在北美非

发表于:2019-02-22 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 美国文化脱口秀